Effective July 10, 2020, it will be mandatory for people to wear a non-medical face mask or face covering while in the Brandon Airport Terminal. The number of people in the terminal is exceeding the ability for people to physically distance while in the terminal.
Based on the number of passengers and greeters, the terminal is not large enough for them to physically distance. This requires the airport to move to the next phase of continuing to offer air service, which is all persons in the terminal are required to wear a non-medical face mask or face covering.
Currently, under Transport Canada interim orders all air passengers are required to have a non-medical face mask or face covering to travel. You are required to wear this non-medical face mask or face covering during the screening process, boarding and on the aircraft because they cannot physically distance in these situations. We are seeing that same situation throughout the Brandon Airport Terminal and now it is also mandatory to wear the non-medical face mask or face-covering in the terminal as well.
There are exceptions to the rule,
- When you could be endangered by wearing a mask,
- When security, airline staff, or airport staff authorizes the removal of a face mask in cases of special needs or unforeseen circumstances.
- When you are eating, drinking, or taking oral medications.
- An infant 2 years or less, does not require to wear a face mask of face covering
- When your having difficulty breathing (not related to COVID-19),
- A person who is unconscious, and a person who is unable to remove their face mask without assistance.
The Brandon Airport and WestJet are not providing face masks or face coverings, you must supply your own.
- Arrive at the Brandon Municipal Airport a minimum of 90 minutes prior to departure to ensure adequate time to check-in and be processed through the single security checkpoint with your checked and carry-on luggage. WestJet adheres to a strict check-in cut off time of 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended in front of the terminal doors as this is the designated space for picking up and dropping off passengers. Unattended vehicles will be ticketed and possibly towed. Take advantage of the FREE short term and long term parking lot located in a well-lit area.
- Brandon Municipal Airport is a smoke-free facility with designated smoking areas outside the terminal.