Effective July 10, 2020, it will be mandatory for people to wear a non-medical face mask or face covering while in the Brandon Airport Terminal. The number of people in the terminal is exceeding the ability for people to physically distance while in the terminal.
Based on the number of passengers and greeters, the terminal is not large enough for them to physically distance. This requires the airport to move to the next phase of continuing to offer air service, which is all persons in the terminal are required to wear a non-medical face mask or face covering.
Currently, under Transport Canada interim orders all air passengers are required to have a non-medical face mask or face covering to travel. You are required to wear this non-medical face mask or face covering during the screening process, boarding and on the aircraft because they cannot physically distance in these situations. We are seeing that same situation throughout the Brandon Airport Terminal and now it is also mandatory to wear the non-medical face mask or face-covering in the terminal as well.
It really comes down to the airport doing its part to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The Brandon Municipal Airport and WestJet are not providing face masks or face coverings, you must supply your own.
- Arrive at the Brandon Municipal Airport a minimum of 90 minutes prior to departure to ensure adequate time to check-in and be processed through the single security checkpoint with your checked and carry-on luggage. WestJet adheres to a strict check-in cut off time of 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended in front of the terminal doors as this is the designated space for picking up and dropping off passengers. Unattended vehicles will be ticketed and possibly towed. Take advantage of the FREE short term and long term parking lot located in a well-lit area.
- Brandon Municipal Airport is a smoke-free facility with designated smoking areas outside the terminal.
Effective October 1, 2022, all travelers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Transport Canada is also removing existing travel requirements. As of October 1, 2022, travelers will no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or
- wear masks on planes and trains.
As of October 1, 2022, the wearing of masks in the terminal building at Brandon Municipal Airport, will be optional. Although the masking requirement is being lifted, all travelers are strongly recommended to wear high quality and well-fitted masks during their journeys.
Reminder: Stay Home When You Are Sick
Stay home if you are sick, even if you are only feeling a little unwell. During that time, avoid contact with others - including people in your household. Please continue to follow public health recommendations for isolation when you are sick. More information can be found at manitoba.ca/covid19/info-for-mbs.html.
Arrivals & Departures
Airline flight schedules are updated by the airline and may change without any notice to YBR or to the website, especially in times of inclement weather. Please contact your airline directly for the most up-to-date information.
|WS 3242||Calgary to Brandon||7 days a week|
|WS 3243||Brandon to Calgary||7 days a week|
Since our first flight in 1996, we've sought to enrich the lives of everyone in our world by providing safe, friendly and affordable air travel. Right from the start, we put our guests and our people first; in doing so, we've become one of Canada's most admired and respected corporate cultures. We’ve also had a lot of fun along the way. Today, flying to over 100 destinations, we stay true to our principles and continue to strive for the highest standards of service and success.